Tuesday, March 18, 2008

worth the wait

my bare escentuals auto-delivery kit from QVC came yesterday and i could NOT wait to get my hands on it. SERIOUSLY. COULD NOT WAIT! now, don't judge the QVC factor because the kit had a mineral veil, gossamer, two eye shadows, liner, blush, lipstick and three brushes for $55. tell me who can beat that, people!

i've only used two things so far, but i am pretty happy. i was most excited for the diamond gossamer, which i used as my foundation this morning and then again as eye shadow. i was a little bit afraid that it might be too sparkly (notice it didn't stop me at all), but it wasn't a problem. it just had this glowy-glistening quality and it made me wish i was a snow fairy.

the original gossamer, which i love and quite frankly rarely use because it's just too darn pretty, has a lovely sparkle in an array of lovely little colors, whereas the diamond gossamer, infused with diamond powder, is just white. so as much as i would love to use original gossamer as my foundation, i feel like i would look like a 2nd grader who had a huge spill over at the arts & crafts table. but this just reminds me it's too pretty not to use--and i should definitely use it as eye shadow tomorrow.

i also used the lipstick; it's called gelato and it's a pinkish nude color that reminds me of THE FAVE, but on closer inspection is pinker than THE FAVE. it's been ten years now, and i should just face facts that there will never be another fave.

i just have to remind myself that there will be new and other faves from now on.