Tuesday, August 7, 2007

why did i wait so long to try this?


i admit it: i stockpile products. at any point in time i can go in my medicine cabinet or other bathroom cabinet and find myself a new treat. it's not because i forget that they are there; it's because i am savoring it! i am waiting for the perfect moment. you know those wine people who hold on to a bottle of wine for that special occasion? well, that's me with beauty products. i am not sure what made last saturday the day to try the MAC fast response eye cream, but i am SO glad i did. it was in the medicine cabinet for months and every time i glanced at it, i would just pass it on by. and now i am kicking myself--kicking myself because i love it so much! it's a gel-type formula and while normally i dont think that gels provide me with nearly enough moisture, this one proves me wrong! it's a gel, but it also has a certain je ne sais vaseline quality that makes it super emollient. and the beauty of it is that it's not messy or goopy like vaseline. it goes on smoothly and stays in place--it doesn't run into my contacts at all (that is sometimes a problem for me). lesson learned: if you wait to long you might miss out on something you really love.